Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Germination of an ambition..

From the moment the thought entered in my mind, it spread like a wild fire. It seemed like my long search for something that i can passionately get involved for the years to come has come to an end.

Initially I wanted to build a cessna sim. Next two days of intense research and what I saw on the web has inspired me to drop my modest goals and shoot for higher altitudes..i.e., building a real big bad Boeing 7xx class simulator.

Next came the crucial and critical step: My wife's approval.

I showed my sweet wife a couple of home built simulator photographs and posed the question! And i am not surprised at all by her response. As usual, she said - do it by all means if you really want to and if that makes you happy. That's my wife. Always behind me supporting on everything i do without even for once making it difficult in all these years. Only thing she wanted is a promise that i will complete it and not leave it in the middle by loosing interest (well, that says a lot about me i guess and a testimony to many other earlier passions that were never pursued to the end :-)

But something tells me that this time it is going to be different. I am going to do this.

This project has all the challenges i would love to face and i am sure i wouldn't get bored. The steep learning curve that i need to climb starting from learning about the fundamentals of electricity, electronics (not to mention, I need to learn how to solder), control systems, computer hardware, software (lesser of my concerns), video graphics, carpenting, and all other craftsman to be able to build space in the basement etc., etc.,

A life time of learning ahead waiting....and I am excited about my first kindergarden class...

No comments: