Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Birth of "Project Sri 777"

Last friday(3/6/04) while coming back from work, during one of those meditating moments on my long commute back from work, it hit me all of a sudden when i am least expecting - a revived interest in Flight Simulator and a strong urge to play it again. After dinner, i went and located my old copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator(MSFS) 98 software, installed it and took off in a cessna for a ride. Later i went online to check the software's latest status. What i saw made me further excited. Oh boy, MS has improved it in leaps and bounds. After a couple of hours of browsing, I am knee deep into it. I haven't been this excited in a long time. On web, I discovered a whole new world of home built flight simulators, vitual air-traffic control networks, pioloting for virtual airlines...etc., etc., Man, I am hooked in.

By the end of the week, I know i am going to build a modest simulator of my own - probably a Cessna. Well there began my journey....code named "Project Sri 777".

No comments: