Thursday, October 06, 2005

My CDU is ready

Two weeks ago I purchased the CDU kit from FDS. Since i already worked on the PSone display mod problem, I was ready to assemble the CDU as soon as it arrived. So, I did. As you can see below, it looks very real.



I also purchased the PSOne display holder alongwith the CDU so that I can secure the display in place easily. Notice the red insulation tape strips on either side to prevent the metal frame on the display to short the soldered pin connections on the back of the CDU.



The cool part is the default backlighting for the keys. Night time it is looking very impressive.



And btw, last time when i visited James, he generously gave me his old throttle and said - just play around until you get your own. It is quite unexpected and i was shocked at his kindness. Here it is.. I hooked it up to my computer and configured it using FSUIPC. And the throttles are working just fine. I used the console to temporarily mount my new CDU. Here is how it looks on James's console..

1 comment:

Mr. Ed said...

Srini

I am sooo impressed with your dedication and progress on this project. You are an inspiration to any hobbiest.