Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Testing IOCards - Master card /USB Card

I began testing Master card and USB Card this week. Ran into major problems and my heart sank with disappointment at times thinking either a) I built the cards wrongly or b) I fried them during testing. Luckily, none were true and i finally got them working. For a detailed description of the problems i faced and final resolution, read my posting on IOCards website (read my conclusions at the end of the thread).
As you might notice and as I mentioned earlier (while comparing various controller hardware), the major disadvantage with IoCards is the lack of strong user community support. I felt it hard while resolving the problems i ran into in the last couple of days. Undoubtedly, it is an excellent project, I only wish there is much more strong community around it.

There seem to be no definative way to test the USB card alone. After you hook up master card, test the input connectors (J3 and J4) by shorting the pins (read the annex-I doc) and make sure all inputs are showing up in the controller software.




1 comment:

Sd Cards said...

Hi,
This post is very useful and very interesting to read, really this Post is nice information, Keep it up.

128 GB USB